Pages

Friday, August 23, 2013

Follow Friday - Favorites for August 23, 2013

Favorites is my weekly list of favorite genealogy, history and random finds from across the Net.
The entire history of the world...in one chart
The history of Fisher-Price Little People
Do you have New York Hewitts in your line? Check in here
Want a picture with the VP in his bathing suit? Just ask.
15 best blogging and publishing platforms
Happiness is stitching at Family History Fun
A day in the life of an Edwardian servant girl at Ancestor Quest
WWI tourism: looking for your family hero
A well-traveled travel book
Bringing black and white photos to color life
Ten days in a madhouse: woman gets committed for reform
11 things we no longer see in movie theaters 
Steel magnolias: those that stayed behind at Celebrating Family Stories
One of the best headstones I've ever seen
John at Filiopietism Prism asks: When all the paper is gone, what will we have lost?

10 comments:

John said...

As always Heather, thank you very much for the mention!

John

Heather Kuhn Roelker said...

You are very welcome, John, I really enjoyed tht piece.

zelsersk said...

I love Little People! My mom has mine from the 70s at her house for the grandkids and we have the "newer" ones here at our place. My kids are outgrowing them but I will keep some including the nativity set. Also, I cracked up at the headstone post. Fudge and all!

Heather Kuhn Roelker said...

I loved Little People, too! My kids play with them at my Grandma's house and love them. We never had any for our kids. The chunky ones, albeit more safe, just weren't as cute. I loved the headstone, too. I'll have to think about something like that for my own. ;)

Elizabeth Handler said...

Thank you for the link to the history of the Little People. Looking the picture of the Play Family Farm totally brings me back to my childhood. We (4 kids, close in age) had that and TWO of the Play Family Houses, along with a variety of Little People, animals and vehicles. It was one of the few toys that all four of us could play with together with minimal arguing.

Of course, 30 years later, my kids played with Little People too.

Wendy said...

I had to read about the 11 things we no longer see in a movie theater. OMG -- I had forgotten most of those. I bet you NEVER saw most of them.

Heather Kuhn Roelker said...

Elizabeth, my family loves Little People, too. I was so excited with Hallmark came out with their Fisher Price ornaments of the Little People farm and the play house. I had to have those!

Heather Kuhn Roelker said...

Wendy, I do remember "opulent" theaters...there were still a couple of those around when I was little. I also remember intermission, but I think that may have been at the drive-in!

Erin said...

I love your Follow Friday lists. They've directed me to so many great articles and blogs. Thanks for sharing!

Heather Kuhn Roelker said...

Thanks, Erin, so glad you like them!