Pages

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Tuesday's Tip - Smooth blog scrolling fix

Ever since I changed the look of my blog it has been a "slow-scroller." You know what I mean. The type of blog that seems to take forever to load and scrolling is jumpy and annoying. Annoying enough that you just close the page. I hate blogs like that...so inherently I now hate my blog and that just won't do. A quick Google search and here is a fix that seems to work. It appears that it wasn't my blog that sucked, but my browser.

From a browser window open your Tools, Internet Options. Head to the Advanced tab and scroll down to Use Smooth Scrolling, listed under the Browsing options. Uncheck this box and hit OK. This fix makes me not hate my blog. For reference, I use Internet Explorer.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Wow -- I never knew! I always thought that jumping thing was caused by the amount of stuff on the page. How is it you can still use IE with Blogger? My Blogger screen tells me IE is no longer supported, and sure enough I can't edit if I'm using IE. I've been forced to use Google Chrome, which I'm getting used to.

Heather Kuhn Roelker said...

@Wendy- That is interesting. I've been using IE9 with blogger and have not had any problems. I still have slow scrolling with my blog even after using this tip, though not as bad as it was. Perhaps I need to switch to Chrome, too.