Pages

Friday, August 31, 2012

Family Recipe Friday - Chocolate Oatmeal No Bake Cookies

When I was little I vividly remember that may absolute favorite lunch at the cafeteria was mac 'n cheese with little smokies, solely because that meal came with a delicious cinnamon roll. My second favorite meal was whatever came with the chocolate cookie with oats. I had not idea what it was called but it was a sweet cookie made with chocolate, oatmeal and a hint of peanut butter.

I came across this post on Pinterest from the blog One More Moore and instantly recognized the cookie I loved from school. Of course I had to test it.

Naturally, it was delicious and addictive. It's hard for me not to sneak this cookie at all hours of the day. The bonus is that these yummy treats are also no bake. Especially important during Arkansas summers.

Chocolate Oatmeal No Bake Cookies

1/2 C Butter
2 C Sugar
1/2 C Milk
4 T Cocoa
1/2 C Peanut Butter
3 to 3 1/2 C Oats
2 tsp Vanilla

On the stove top bring the butter, sugar, milk and cocoa to a rolling boil. Let boil for one minute. Stir in the rest of the ingredients and drop on foil or wax paper to cool. I have used both quick cook and regular oats and both seem to work fine.

Enjoy your school memories!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love these cookies too. Haven't had them for a long time. Thanks for sharing. (kathy at abbieandeveline.com)

Anonymous said...

I found you by doing a no bake cookie search. Happy to have done both. Hugs. Tammy.. thanks for sharing.

Queen Bee said...

My mom made these cookies when I was a child. They are so easy to make and instant comfort food! I'm including your recipe in my Friday Favorites this week. P.S. Thanks for adding the Name/URL option so I can post comments to your blog. :)

Heather Kuhn Roelker said...

Thank you, Queen Bee, for letting me know those comments didn't work! Thank you for including my link in your favorites!