Pages

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Sentimental Sunday - Easter memories

Easter was always a family holiday at our house and every year was the same. The morning would start with an "indoors" easter egg hunt for my brother and I at our house. This egg hunt was done with the real eggs that we had boiled and dyed...very important to find them all! Following breakfast we would head to church. This is one of the two days of the year I could be found in a dress. Immediately after church we would drive to my grandparent's house in Richmond, Missouri. The first thing we did was get a family photo in our Easter finest.
Warren, Cathy, Scott and Heather Kuhn on Easter circa 1986.
Then it was fast and furious to get in to play clothes. My grandmother would make some amazing food, usually a ham, and we would gorge ourselves on the main dish and my favorite, deviled eggs.

Then came the best part of the day: the Easter egg hunt.
Pre-hunt excitement. Heather Kuhn, Scott Kuhn, Cathy Kuhn, Christina Happy, Tabby Happy and Mary Happy.
The hunt is on.
Our Easter egg hunt was not your everyday adventure. No sir. And this was because my uncle Brent was in charge of hiding the eggs. This meant that there were some crazy difficult eggs to find...usually for my brother's enjoyment.
My brother getting one of the more creatively placed eggs.
It's been many years since I have spent Easter with my family. Man, I miss those days.

No comments: