Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Tuesday's Tune - U2's Joshua Tree

A Joshua Tree. Image by Joho345 - @U2 at Wikimedia Commons
Today is a bit of a cheat because I chose an entire album rather than just one song. I have to thank my friend Natalie and her mom, Leslie, for introducing me to U2. I vividly remember sitting the in backseat of their car (a Honda Accord with a manual) sometime in our middle/high school years and having the bass beat from "With or Without You" shake the car. I loved it. I became a fan, the type of fan that even liked "Lemon."

Joshua Tree is arguably one of U2's best known albums and is one of the few albums I can listen to all the way through without skipping a song. Released on March 9, 1987, Joshua Tree was the band's fifth studio album, and was inspired by their American experiences. The album shot U2 into super-stardom and earned them a Grammy for Album of The Year in 1988. It is also one of the best selling albums of all time with more than 25 million copies sold.

No comments: