Pages

Thursday, May 19, 2011

A little patience goes a long way - Thankful Thursday

It's been three and a half months since I first wrote about my random find of a distant relative's civil war document collection at the Wichita State University Special Collections library here.  The library holds a collection of documents from Milton H. Myers, a civil war veteran and husband of Mary Cutler, my 3rd great grand aunt. Among the documents was a listing for a history of the Bodine family, a branch of my tree that has stalled as far as research goes. Eliza Bodine married James Cutler in Ohio in 1840 and had four children before her death in 1855. Their first daughter was Bertha Cutler, my 3rd great grandmother, that I have written quite a bit about on this blog.

I first tried to contact the Wichita State University Special collections library staff by email, but after a couple of months of no response I decided to try the old-fashioned way. I actually wrote a letter. Lo and behold today I received an email from one of the staff members with a reproduction permission application attached. See how patient I was?

No comments: