Pages

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

How do you spell that?

Ancestry.com has this neat little function on their homepage entitled Recent Member Connect Activity. I both love and hate this function. I love it because it brings to my attention new research options and reminds me to check out lines I have neglected. I hate it because it only compounds my genealogy ADD. A couple of days ago I saw that another user had added files for the Megonnigil family. Alas, I went to my own Megonnigil line, which I don't have much information for, and was reminded why I had neglected them. How do you spell that? Let me count the ways:
Colonel H. Megonnigil, courtesy
Smith and Cooley Tree
Megonnigil
Megonnigal
Megonnigle
McGonigle
McGonigal
Mugonnigil
McGonnigal
McGunigil
McGunnigale
MeGonnigial
McGunnegle
McGunigal

I have two spellings of the name in my own tree! I will have to be very motivated to break through this wall.

No comments: