Pages

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Always there

Happy Mother's Day
I have the most beautiful mom in the world. Not only is she beautiful on the outside, she has been the most supportive person in my life. She was there for every pom-pom practice and parade and competition, every single orchestra and choir concert and all of my track meets. One of my favorite memories of my mother is seeing her in the crowd as I came around the last bend of a 300-meter hurdle race. She was jumping up and down and screaming for me, still in her work clothes as she rushed to the track straight from work so she wouldn't miss my race. Always there. And I will always love her.

3 comments:

Linda Gartz said...

When I first caught a glimpse of this photo -- I thought it was you in another time, but then realized it was a tribute to your mom and the era it depicts couldn't be you. What a loving tribute. Was this taken in the 60s? Our moms are forever young in their early photos. She looks almost like she could be a contemporary of mine. Beautiful! And thanks for dropping by my blog!

Heather Kuhn Roelker said...

Linda-
Thank you! I've always been so jealous of my mom's photogenic qualities. She just never takes a bad photo! I would have to ask her, but I think this was taken somewhere between 1972 and 1974.

Donna Hanson said...

Hi Heather...I've been out of town and just now catching up on blogs. Thanks for posting this; my mom died Mother's Day 2009. There's not a day goes by that I don't miss her. Keep up the good work; your blog rocks.

Cuzin Donna